Apples are in the season what is a great way to send off the month of July with an apple tart recipe. This warm and sweet-tart enhance the apple’s natural favor with an oh-so-good shortbread crust.
Love apples? Then you will love this recipe. My apple tart will give you a great southern flare for your end of the day, chill down with your family.
- Wooden spoon or hand mixer
- Tartlet pan
- Rolling pin
- 2 1/2 sticks of butter
- Two large eggs
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- One tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 5 Gaja apples, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream together with either a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs gradually, one by one, and beat until smooth and completely incorporated. Finally, gently fold in the flour until just combined, being careful not to over-work the dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap in clingfilm/ plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the pastry dough haves chilled, roll the dough out and place it within the tartlet pan.
- Place the dough within the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- When the ten minutes are up, take out of the oven and let it cool.
It’s essential to chill the pastry dough properly so it can be easy to handle, shape, and prevent it from shrinking while baking!!
- Take the slice Gaja apples, salt, and lemon juice together and put it to the side.
- In a saucepan, add the maple syrup, cardamom, cloves cinnamon, lemon juice from the bowl of the apples, and water whisk together, adding the flour gradually to thicken the sauce. You want a thin-thick consistency.
- Pour some the sauce on the pastry and then place your apples on in a lovely pattern. Then pour the rest of the sauce on top of the apples.
- Place the tart back in the oven for another 10 minutes till the apples are tender.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and serve with ice cream.