Love that Cinnamon Raisin bread from the store, but your budget is saying “OH HELL NO !!!” to how many times you get it. Or do you want some fresh? You in luck, here’s a recipe for quick and tasty cinnamon raisin bread that will not break the bank.
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups of flour, unbleached
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Take the 1 cup of lukewarm water and one tablespoon of yeast into a mixing bowl. Mix then put to the side for 10 minutes. So the yeast can activate.
- While waiting, Mix the two tablespoons of butter, the egg, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and flour. The texture will be grainy, but that is ok after 10 minutes add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Mix by hand, until its well-incorporated ball. ( You can add a little more water to help everything stick together more.)
- Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm area for 1 or 2 hours or till nearly doubled in bulk. (Key tip: I use our hot box from my job to help with this part, but you can use a turn off the oven with the door close for the same result. A turn off oven will always contain some heat source to have the same function as a hot box. DUE NOTE IT HAVES TO BE OFF!!)
- After it haves double in bulk, you want to gently deflate the dough and flatten it with a rolling bin.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, 2/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and raisins into a thick paste-like mixture and smear across the flatten dough evenly. Then roll the dough into a log and then cut into two separate logs.
- Now here comes the twist. Take one roll and cut it in half in the middle, you want to have two separate pieces so you can braid it to have the cinnamon and raisins be exposed to see. Then repeat on the other roll.
- Once braided, put your braid rolls into 9-inch pans and proof them in a warm area again to double in size about a 1 hour. While waiting, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once double again, Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes till it is beautiful brown on top and done!!